- Associate Professor
- Affiliated research scientist with IESL-FORTH in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
- B207, Computer Science Building
- Group web page
Electronic structure theory aims to link quantum states of single electrons to physical and chemical properties of complex materials. Prof. Remediakis employs first-principles computer simulations for low-dimensional systems with applications to nano-chemistry (shape and properties of metal nanoparticles, heterogeneous catalysis) and nano-physics (two-dimensional semiconductors, nanostructured solids).
Short Curriculum Vitae
Ioannis N. Remediakis, got his bachelor (1997), masters (1998), PhD (2002) degrees from the Department of Physics, University of Crete. His PhD research (simulations for alloyed semiconductor surfaces) was performed at Harvard University. Between 2002 and 2008, he held teaching and research appointments at the University of Ioannina, the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and the University of Crete. In 2008, he joined MST as Assistant Professor where he was tenured in 2012. He is also affiliated research Scientist with the Institute for Electronic Structure and Laser, FORTH.
Selected Recent Publications
- Katerinopoulou, D, Pervolarakis, E. Papakonstantinopoulos, C, Malič, B, Gelinck, GH, Kiriakidis, G, Łodziana, Z, Remediakis, IN, Iliopoulos, E, "Transport in Mn spinel oxides alloyed with Zn–Ni: Polaron hopping in an inhomogeneous energy landscape" Journal of Applied Physics 132, 115101 (2022).
- Douloumis, A, Vrithias, NRE, Katsarakis, N. Remediakis, IN, Kopidakis, G "Tuning the workfunction of ZnO through surface doping with Mn from first-principles simulations" Surface Science 726, 122175 (2022).
- Davelou, D, Kopidakis, G, Kaxiras, E, Remediakis, IN. "Nanoribbon edges of transition-metal dichalcogenides: Stability and electronic properties", PHYSICAL REVIEW B 96, 165436 (2017).
- Li, Q, Rellan-Pineiro, M, Almora-Barrios, N, Garcia-Rates, M, Remediakis, IN, Lopez, N. "Shape control in concave metal nanoparticles by etching", NANOSCALE 9, 13089-13094 (2017).
- Barmparis, GD, Lodziana, Z, Lopez, N, Remediakis, IN. "Nanoparticle shapes by using Wulff constructions and first-principles calculations", Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology 6, 361-368 (2015).
For more information, see full cv and profiles at Google Scholar, Orcid, ResearchGate, Web of Science, and LinkedIn.