- CSD Building, B213
I.E.S.L-FORTH Building, B110
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Structured light, Wavefront shaping and sensing
- Optical engineering, space optics
- Nonlinear interactions of ultra-short laser pulses with transparent media
- Laser microfabrication
- Dynamic holography, photorefractive materials
Short Curriculum Vitae
Dimitris Papazoglou holds a B.Sc. in Physics (1991), a MSc in Radio-Electronics (1995) and a PhD in “optical memories and information processing” (1998) from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece. In 2000 he joined the laser applications group in IESL-FORTH investigating laser-mater interaction phenomena for ultra-short and short laser pulses with various materials making use of optical diagnostic methods. Concurrently, he was affiliated with the University of Crete as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Physics Department teaching optics in undergraduate and graduate courses. In 2005, he joined the faculty of the Department of Materials Science and Technology of the University of Crete. He is also an affiliated researcher at IESL-FORTH where he carries out his research activities.
Selected Recent Publications
- Brimis A, Makris KG and Papazoglou DG, Tornado waves, OPTICS LETTERS 45 (2), 280-283 (2020).
- Drougakis G, Mavrakis KG, Pandey S, Vasilakis G, Poulios K, Papazoglou DG and von Klitzing W, Precise and robust optical beam steering for space optical instrumentation, CEAS SPACE JOURNAL 11 (4), 589-595 (2019).
- Mansour Dimitris and Papazoglou DG, Ultra-broadband unable continuous phase masks using optical aberrations, OPTICS LETTERS 43 (21), 5480-5483 (2018).
- Mansour Dimitris and Papazoglou DG, Tailoring the focal region of abruptly autofocusing and autodefocusing ring-Airy beams, OSA CONTINUUM 1 (1), 104-115 (2018).
- Koulouklidis Anastasios D., Papazoglou DG, Fedorov Vladimir Yu. and Tzortzakis S, Phase Memory Preserving Harmonics from Abruptly Autofocusing Beams, PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS 119 (22), 223901 (2017).
- Papazoglou DG, Fedorov Vladimir Yu. and Tzortzakis S, Janus waves, OPTICS LETTERS 41 (20), 4656-4659 (2016).
- Liu Kang, Koulouklidis Anastasios D., Papazoglou DG, Tzortzakis S and Zhang Xi-Cheng, Enhanced terahertz wave emission from air-plasma tailored by abruptly autofocusing laser beams, OPTICA 3 (6), 605-608 (2016).
- Papazoglou DG, Abdollahpour Daryoush and Tzortzakis S, Ultrafast electron and material dynamics following femtosecond filamentation induced excitation of transparent solids, APPLIED PHYSICS A-MATERIALS SCIENCE & PROCESSING 114 (1), 161-168 (2014).
- Panagiotopoulos P., Papazoglou DG, Couairon A. and Tzortzakis S, Sharply autofocused ring-Airy beams transforming into non-linear intense light bullets, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS 4 2622 (2013).